Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Tooth Fairy Visits

                         We had a tooth fairy visit our class today!  It was very exciting and fun.

Kelli Duke, from Just For Kids Pediatric Dentistry, was our visiting tooth fairy today.
She started our lesson talking about things we drink that are good and not good for our teeth.

Claire and Logan were the tooth fairy helpers.  They dressed like a tooth.  We saw how the
different foods we eat stick to our teeth.

This is how the plaque covers our teeth.

When we brush, we remove the food and plaque from our teeth. We can get a cavity if we don't
brush away the plaque and sugar bugs.

She demonstrated how to brush our teeth.


The girls with the tooth fairy. 

The boys with the tooth fairy.

Our tooth fairy projects!


We did dental health centers.  At this center, we were tallying the teeth.

We put scrambled sentences together at the writing center.
Thanks to a blogging friend from Doodle Bugs Teaching.

Our favorite center, hunting around the classroom for the missing teeth.

We wrote about the sequence of brushing our teeth.

We also wrote about what we learned from the tooth fairy today.

11 comments:

  1. This is the most adorable thing I have ever seen. My husband is a dentist and I cannot wait to show him the tooth fairy in the costume. Adorable.
    Fran@kindergartencrayons

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW CUTE!!! I loved the tooth fairy idea.. then I scrolled down a little bit and saw my tooth fairy sentences.. then I noticed my calendar cards in your calendar. I loved seeing a glimpse of my work in your classroom! thank you so much!!

    Kacey
    Doodle Bugs Teaching
    Doodle Bugs Paper

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely LOVE this unit. Do you have this unit for purchase? Mrs. B Kindergarten Teacher NC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made a tally mark center for my class..... http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Dental-Health-Month-game-teeth-toothbrush-ESL-tally-marks-math-center-1117930

      Delete
  5. This is completely adorable! I'm so excited that my first daughter is at that age where she will start losing her teeth. A couple of weeks ago, my daughter told me that her class had talked about teeth that day, and that baby teeth fall out! Then she started talking about the tooth fairy, and she is super excited to start losing her teeth so that the tooth fairy will come and visit her.

    Dentist Surrey

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is cute. Do you have the tally center available? I would like to use that in my class with my kindergarten students.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Check out Growingkinders.blogspot community helper activities free on her blog
    Tonia vento

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is great. Do you have the "How to Brush Your Teeth" sequence sheet available?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where did you find the tooth fairy craft? Can you email it to me or can I purchase it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is the best gift for kids losing their first tooth and parents, because they are encouraged and rewarded for brushing their teeth everyday... www.toothfairystale.com

    ReplyDelete