Wednesday, January 11, 2012

TLC with Kaye Espinosa

My students and I are so lucky!  Kaye Espinosa comes to our class once a week to do a TLC lesson.  Kaye was a kindergarten teacher in Redlands and her grandson is in my class.
Here is the project we will be making today!

Kaye starts with a story.

She sets up the white board with all the pieces being used and in the order they will be introduced.  The kids know what comes next and can hold up the piece that is needed.

The tables are set with each child's stacked project.  The small pieces are put under the main paper.  Kaye gave me a big glue bottle and plastic lids for doing TLC lessons.  I love it.  We use this method every time we glue in my classroom.

Kaye models and decribes each step of the project.

It is a wonderful lesson for listening, following directions, and  staying on task. 

My students love the process and are so proud of their projects.

Everyone is busy working and doing their best work.

I learn so much watching Kaye and it has been a wonderful experience for me and my students.

Kaye with her darling grandson and his Martin Luther King project.
Thanks Kaye , we sure appreciate you!  Have fun at the Northern California K Conference.

1 comment:

  1. WOW! You are so lucky! I would love to have her come once a week!

    ReplyDelete